According to the requirements of the Catholic Church’s Canon Law (872-874):
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Received the sacraments of Baptism, Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation
- If married, it must be a valid sacramental marriage
- Not be bound by canonical penalties
- Not be the father or mother (of one being baptized)
To request a “letter in good standing”
Before we can issue a “letter in good standing” from Monsignor McNamee’s office, we ask that you be registered and active members * with the parish for at least 3 months.
*An active member, as defined by the Archdiocese of Atlanta, is registered with a parish, attends Mass on a regular basis, supports the parish through the consistent giving of time, talent and financial resources in support of the parish (use of offertory envelopes or online giving) and receives regular mailings and communications from the parish.
Is the Cathedral of Christ the King your home parish and are you a registered and active member of CTK?
If CTK is not your home parish, please request the letter from the parish where you are currently registered and ask that it be sent to the parish where the sacrament of Baptism or Confirmation will be celebrated.
Trish Carr at email@example.com