The Cathedral of Christ the King is committed to providing a safe environment for you and your family to worship and grow in your Catholic faith. Our parish follows the archdiocesan safe environment policies and procedures in accordance with the U.S. Bishop’s Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People.
Safe Environment programs are in place to assist parents and children. All clergy and staff, as well as volunteers whose duties involve contact with minors and vulnerable adults, undergo a background check and attend a required safe environment training (VIRTUS).
The Archdiocese of Atlanta proudly offers Safe Environment training materials to all schools and parishes. VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children (commonly referred to as “Virtus”) is the training program for adults and children in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade. We host VIRTUS trainings regularly at the Cathedral.
Who should attend VIRTUS?
- All clergy and staff, as well as any volunteers whose duties involve contact with minors and vulnerable adults, must attend a VIRTUS Training.
- All adults are invited and parents are strongly encouraged to attend.
- All children participating in one of our faith formation programs are offered a child appropriate presentation each year.
Register to attend a VIRTUS Training
A summarized version of the registration steps are listed below:
- Go to https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/
- Click on Registration
- Select Begin the Registration Process
- Select Atlanta, GA (Archdiocese) from the drop down menu
- Create User ID and password – Do not use a shared email address
- Complete personal information
- Select primary location, role, and title (If you are an EMPLOYEE of the Archdiocese of Atlanta, please select your employer as the primary location)
- Let us know if you are involved with more than one location
- Select a Protecting God’s Children session from the list