Baptism is the first sacrament celebrated in the process of becoming a full member of the Church community. It is the first of the three Sacraments of Initiation – Baptism, Eucharist and Confirmation. Baptism is, like all the sacraments, a gift from God.
Baptizing Children at the Cathedral of Christ the King
The Catholic Church has always taught and respected the understanding that parents are the primary educators in the faith of their children. Our Baptismal preparation is designed to assist parents and godparents in raising these children in the faith.
Please allow ample time to complete this planning. Expectant families are encouraged to begin preparation before their child is born.
Before you schedule your child’s baptism, we ask parents:
- To be registered and active members* of the Catholic Church
- To have attended a baptism preparation class in the past 5 years
- Or had a child baptized in the past 5 years
Are you a registered and active member of the Cathedral of Christ the King OR another parish?
An active member, as defined by the Archdiocese of Atlanta, is registered with a parish, attends Mass on a regular basis, supports the parish through the consistent giving of time, talent and financial resources in support of the parish (use of offertory envelopes or online giving) and receives regular mailings and communications from the parish.
- Yes – Refer to Guidelines for Baptism below.
- No – CLICK HERE to register as a parishioner of Christ the King
Guidelines for Baptism:
Please review the guidelines below for specifics on having your child baptized.
We understand that every family is unique and that there are often special circumstances.
Should you wish to discuss your child’s baptismal celebration, please feel free to contact us.
- Baptism Preparation for Infants and Children
- Baptism Preparation for Older Children (Grades 3 through 12)
- Baptism Preparation for Adults
- Have you been asked to be a Godparent or Confirmation Sponsor
- Scheduling a Baptism
- Baptism Calendar
- Permission to Baptize Elsewhere
- Day of Baptism
- Spanish Baptism Preparation
- Frequently Asked Questions
Elaine McCollum, 404-267-3692, email@example.com