HAVE YOU BEEN ASKED TO BE A GODPARENT or CONFIRMATION SPONSOR?
According to the requirements of the Catholic Church’s Canon Law (872-874):
- Must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Received the sacraments of Baptism, Holy Eucharist, and Confirmation
- If married, it must be a valid sacramental marriage
- Not be bound by canonical penalties
- Not be the father or mother (of one being baptized).
Before we can issue a “letter in good standing” from Monsignor McNamee’s office
we ask that you be registered and active members * with the parish for at least 3 months.
* An active member attends Mass on a regular basis, supports the parish through the giving of time, talent, and treasure (use of offertory envelopes or online giving), and receives regular mailings and communications from the parish.
To request a “letter in good standing” if the Cathedral of Christ the King is your home parish and are you a registered and active member of CTK.
o Fill out the online form from the Cathedral website homepage:
Scroll to bottom and click on “CTK New Parishioner Registration”
Be sure to enter information for ALL household members (spouse, children)
o This form can also be requested from the receptionist.
If CTK is not your home parish, please request the letter from the parish where you are currently registered and ask that it be sent to the parish where the sacrament of Baptism or Confirmation will be celebrated.