Associate Director of Recreation
The Cathedral of Christ the King (CTK) is seeking a qualified candidate to serve in the role of Associate Director of Recreation. Founded in 1937, CTK is situated on a shared campus in Atlanta. Christ the King is home to 6,000+ families and 570 students seeking to know, love, serve and teach as Jesus did. CTK offers recreation programs including soccer, volleyball, basketball, and a variety of after-school programs. This is a full-time position that includes nights and weekend hours. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide year-round recreation and enrichment programs that are safe, enjoyable, and promote the love for Christ and His Church for the Cathedral of Christ the King and Christ the King School (CKS).
- League sports: K-HS basketball, grades 3-8 volleyball, Pre-K–8 soccer, and other leagues as needed.
- After-school programming that includes dynamic and versatile offerings for Kindergarten-8th grade.
- Adult recreation programming
- Planning and organizing summer camps.
- Recruitment and training of coaches, volunteers, gym monitors, and scorekeepers for all programs. Maintain accurate volunteer data in CTK’s database.
- Interview, evaluate, and hire vendors for after-school and summer camp programs.
- Maintenance of Recreation web pages
- Reservations of all needed spaces on campus.
- Active communication with participants before and during season/program.
- Work with Director of Communications to promote all programming through CTK and CKS communications channels.
- Responsible for Recreation department budget, including but not limited to development of budget, submitting invoices for payment to vendors, and tracking expense to stay within budget.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two–five years recreation/sports experience including general knowledge of sports
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, administrative and computer skills.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors.
Interested candidates should send their resume, along with a letter of interest, to firstname.lastname@example.org.