Dear Volunteer for the Funeral Reception Ministry,
Welcome! Thank you for volunteering to support this ministry to help our families by offering a reception as a place for families and friends to gather for fellowship; to share, reminisce and remember the life of their loved one and their happy times together. Click on the links below for recipes.
If you would like to donate food, but don’t have time to cook, Costco has an assortment of frozen savories: pigs in pastry, mini-quiches, filled puff pastries, etc. Boxes contain 30, 48, 72 and 100 pieces. The boxes should be dropped off the day before, marked for Funeral Reception, date of reception and name of donor and placed in the Kenny Hall kitchen refrigerator for the Hospitality Committee to heat the day of the reception.
1) Funeral/Receptions are typically held on Weekdays 10:30/11:30 am & 1:30/2:30 pm.
2) Food donations may be dropped off at the Kenny Hall kitchen or Front Desk
3) Please drop off food the Night before the reception. Place in Kenny Hall kitchen refrigerator before 8:00 pm or the Day of reception: am by 9:00; pm by 12 noon
4) Label the food with the word “Funeral Reception”, date of reception, and name of volunteer donating food.
5) For fruit donations, cut up fruit into bite size pieces. Place each fruit variety in a separate zip lock bag (e.g., grapes in one bag, pineapple in another bag). Place all baggies in a disposable container and label Funeral Reception. date of reception, and name of donor.
5) Sandwich recipes can be found here. For desserts, we encourage you to prepare your favorite bite-size dessert (cookies, brownies, etc.). We strive to offer home-prepared food.
You may contact Jan Bloom if you have any questions. email@example.com